Lake Forest Porcelain Veneers
If you are looking to improve your smile, beautiful, custom-fitted porcelain veneers from Drs. Campbell and Schmidt can provide the answer. These cosmetic dentistry solutions offer patients complete smile transformation for dental chips, cracks, stains, and wear. Contact our Lake Forest, IL dental team to find out more or schedule a consultation today.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are thin, custom-made moldings that cover the fronts of unsightly teeth. They are crafted from tooth-colored, high-tech materials to portray a natural, bright smile.
Should You Consider Getting Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers provide an alternative to more extensive crowns or less durable cosmetic bonding. They cover unattractive gaps in smiles, and can mask stained, misshaped or crooked teeth. If these conditions apply to your smile, veneers may be your best option.
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
Veneers are intended to last for many years. Unlike most bonding materials, veneers will not change color over time. You should consult with Drs. Campbell and Schmidt to find out exactly how long veneers will last in your mouth.
Porcelain Veneers Application Process
The tooth is reshaped initially to allow for the added thickness of the veneer. A molded image is taken of the reshaped tooth and sent to a dental laboratory where the veneer is custom-made to fit your mouth. The veneer is applied with adhesive material which bonds it to the original tooth structure.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
- Tooth-Like Appearance - Since veneers are individually sculpted for each patient, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between a veneer and a natural tooth.
- Stain-Resistant - Custom-made veneers resist stains from coffee, tea and cigarette smoke because they are made of high-tech, extremely polishable materials.
- A minimal amount of the natural tooth must be altered to fit the veneer.
- Veneers can be shaded to make even the darkest teeth appear to be bright white.
- Minor twists and overlaps, as well as small gaps, can be quickly corrected through the use of veneers.
How to Maintain Porcelain Veneers?
Here are some tips for making sure your veneers stay sparkling. Brush and floss regularly to prevent oral hygiene problems. Veneers generally cannot be damaged by abrasion from your toothbrush or floss, so good oral hygiene will ensure your veneers stay strong and provide a long-lasting, attractive smile.
How Strong are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers provide increased strength when crushing an object than twisting or tearing. Therefore, just as with natural teeth, patients with veneers are advised to avoid opening nut shells or chewing on bones or any other items that may cause the veneers to chip or crack. Be sure to consult with Drs. Campbell and Schmidt to find out if veneers are right for you.