What is All-on-4?
The All on 4 procedure is a revolutionary step forward in the field of restorative dentistry to replace teeth that are damaged beyond repair or extracted. This procedure consists of placing four dental implants at strategic locations in the mouth, which are used to anchor a fixed bridge of replacement teeth that look completely natural. This technique is best suited for patients who have sustained total tooth loss on a dental arch or lost all the teeth. In some cases, an entire mouthful of teeth can be replaced with implants and fixed replacement teeth in as little as an hour.
While this is not typical, All-on-4 can be completed without any of the following:
- Bone grafting
- Sinus grafting or lift
- Incisions or sutures
- Healing time
It is considered a reliable option for patients who have lost all their teeth, have severely compromised teeth, or currently wear dentures but are looking to upgrade to a more stable option when it comes to replacement teeth.
The Benefits of All-on-4
In addition to the significant speed of this procedure compared to other tooth replacement treatment options, All-on-4 has the following advantages:
- Cost. All-on-4 is more efficient and cost-effective than receiving an implant to replace every single missing tooth. Moreover, you can receive an entire mouth of replacement teeth in a single day. This is why you may have seen All-on-4 referred to as “teeth in a day.”
- Comfort. The replacement teeth installed during an All-on-4 procedure are fixed and do not need to be removed like traditional dentures. This means they will not slip or shift in the mouth. This also eliminates the need to remove them to be cleaned. Simply brush and floss as you normally would.
- Eat What You Want. Patients regain their chewing
- ability and are not limited in their dietary options. Eat chewy meat, or sticky peanut butter without worrying about your teeth popping out like with dentures.
- Improved Bite Alignment. The alignment of your bite is restored, and often even improved because Drs. Douglas Campbell and Douglas Schmidt consider neuromuscular dimensions that seek to find the ideal alignment of your bite when crating All on 4 replacement teeth.
Your self-esteem and appearance both improve as you no longer live with the pain, nutritional deficiencies, and embarrassment of having missing or failing teeth.
Is All-on-4 right for me?
Many patients who have been disqualified for traditional dental implants may be candidates for the All-on-4 implant system. In fact, across the industry, 80 percent of All-on-4 patients previously have been told they are not candidates for standard implants. This is because the All-on-4 procedure only uses the frontal part of the jaw, where the bone is denser.
Lake Forest Smiles accepts payment in the form of cash, checks, and most major credit cards. We also offer special financing through CareCredit and LendingClub, as well as our own in-house financing to those that qualify. Our staff also can file claims with your insurance provider on your behalf or provide options for financing if necessary.
All-on-4 in Lake Forest, Lake Bluff, and Lincolnshire
Ready to learn more about the All on 4 system? If you have questions about teeth in a day or you are ready to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists, then call (847) 234-4800 today to make your appointment at Lake Forest Smiles. We serve the areas of Lake Forest, Lake Bluff, and Lincolnshire, Illinois.