A whitening treatment is the most popular type of procedure in cosmetic dentistry. Here is why.
- Convenient: The whitening treatments at our Lake Forest cosmetic dental office take an hour or less to complete. We also offer treatments that you can apply at home when it is convenient for you. Most in-office whitening sessions take no more than one hour, so you can whiten your teeth on your lunch break!
- Powerful: The active whitening agents in our in-office and at-home whitening treatments are stronger than what you can find in any store-bought whitening product. Some patients experience up to eight shades whiter.
- Safe: Overseen by one of our cosmetic dentists in Lake Forest, our in-office teeth whitening procedures are safe and will not harm your teeth.
Teeth Whitening Options Available at Lake Forest Smiles
- KöR® Whitening deep bleaching system
- Powerful professional teeth whitening
- Effective on tetracycline-stained teeth
- Ideal for teeth with deep-set stains
- Takes about a month to achieve results, but the result is a beautiful, healthy and natural-looking smile, with little to no tooth sensitivity
- You do not have to give up coffee, tea or red wine, but you will need lifetime touch-ups
- KöR is recommended for ages 21-90
- ZOOM! Whitening system
- A professional in-office or at-home teeth whitening system
- Whitens teeth up to eight shades whiter
- Produces little to no sensitivity
- Results guaranteed for 45-days
Tips on Using an At-Home Teeth Whitening System
- If you experience sensitivity, wear your whitening trays for a shorter period, spread out the days between use, or wear the trays with sensitivity-reducing toothpaste for half an hour before and/or after you whiten.
- If tooth sensitivity continues, stop wearing the whitening trays and call Lake Forest Smiles.
- Your home whitening program should be finished within three months.
- We encourage you to use teeth-whitening toothpaste to prolong your results.
- Keep your whitening trays. You can use your trays again for touch-up whitening treatments.
How long will results last?
No teeth whitening treatment will last forever, but you can extend the lifespan of your dental whitening treatment by maintaining a good regimen of oral hygiene that includes daily brushing and flossing, as well as visiting your Lake Forest general dentists every six months for a check-up and cleaning. You also should limit your consumption of foods and drinks that stain teeth: coffee, red wine, and tobacco.
Professional Teeth Whitening in Lake Forest
Save time and money by doing it right the first time and choose professional teeth whitening treatments at Lake Forest Smiles. To find out more about our teeth whitening procedures or any of the cosmetic dentistry treatments we offer, call (847) 234-4800. Drs. Campbell and Schmidt have been providing elite dental care to the communities of Lake Forest, Lake Bluff, and Lincolnshire for more than 30 years. We welcome you to our practice.